S60H-Injection Nozzle Testers Operating Instructions
- Nozzle testers are used to adjust the injection nozzle opening pressure and to carry out leakage, spray pattern and chatter characteristic tests.
- Which of the tester are to be used depends on the type of it and injection valves:
- When testing the nozzles use suction device 0684200702. This is now demanded by statutory regulations in many countries. For example, in Germany-14th of the Ordinance On Workplaces.
For its size R, S and T.
In conjunction with a specially ordered pressure gauge, this tester can also be used for testing light crude oil injection valves.
- It testers consist of injection pump with.hand lever, transparent fuel container with filter, shut-off valve and pressure gauge, together with one or more delivery tubes to nozzle holder.
- The pressure gauge can be cut out with the shut-off valve by turning the knob completely clockwise.
- All pressure gauges (housing dia. 100 mm) correspond to quality class 1.0.
1.3.1 Filling the oil tank
Use pure test oil, in accordance with ISO 4113, when testing and adjusting test nozzles holder assemblies. Pure diesel fuel may also be used when testing and adjusting engine injection nozzles,
Under no circumstances use other substances, such as petrol. Danger of explosion!
The device must then be vented.
1.3.2 Venting the device
- Fill the oil tank approx 50 % full!
- Unscrew the oil tank slightly.
- Actuate the hand lever until the oil comes out of the pressure nipple without bubbles.-
- Screw back the oil tank manually.
Connect it or injection valve to it test device using the appropriate pressure fine.
Testing and adjusting the nozzles
Ensure that the surrounding area is clean prior to testing. The work area must be dear of chips and dirt. Use pure test oil, in accordance with 1SO 4113, when working with test it holder assemblies.
Pure diesel fuel may also be used when working with engine injection nozzles.
Cleaning the nozzles
- Clean the new nozzles with test oil according to ISO 4113 or diesel fuel: Clean the individuate parts and the used nozzles using the ultrasound cleaning apparatus. Keep the following points in mind:
- Cleaning fluid must be thinned with water to a ratio of 1: 20. Cleaning bath must be heated to a temperature of 45℃. Parts to be cleaned must be completely immersed in cleaning fluid.
- Cleaning time will vary but should be at least 10 minutes.
- Immediately after cleaning, wash parts in cold cleaner, dry with compressed air and dip in test oil. When cleaning it, remove needle completely from it and: clean each part separately. It body should be cleaned in an upright position, with the spray holes pointed down. Needle and it body are paired and must be used together.
- Following cleaning in ultrasound cleaning bath, any dirt remaining in the spray hales can be removed using the appropriate cleaning needle of it cleaning apparatus KDEP 2900 (0986611140).
Then dip it needle in clean test oil or diesel fuel and reinsert into it.
2.2.1 Test instructions
The following instructions are to be removed (they are not included in the scope of delivery and are accessible only to the Bosch Group):
2.2.2 Connecting the nozzles to be tested to the tester
The necessary delivery lines and reducing fittings are listed in section
After visual inspection, the following are to be tested using the nozzle tester.
- Chatter characteristic and spray pattern of it (Test oil – see section 1.3 initial operation)
Nozzles are tested and adjusted with the accompanying holders. Before clamping them
in the holders, see that the sealing face ls clean and undamaged.
- – Plaice it on sealing face of nozzle holder
- – Screw of cap nut by hand, centering it.
- For nozzle holders with dowel pins, the nozzles mu8t be aligned such that the dowel pins of the holder are guided perfectly into the dowel pin holes of the nozzle, Tighten using a well fitting wrench. Observe the tightening torque specified by the manufacturer.
- – Connect it holder with the appropriate delivery line to the tester. To test the nozzle for jamming, press the hand lever of nozzle tester down forcefully several times with pressure gauge shut off.
- – If the needle is free, it should chatter with a shrill whistle (exception: hole-type it with one or two small spray holes which no longer chatter with rapid lever actuation).
2.3. Opening pressure
- The opening pressure is given in the operating specifications for the engine, and should be adjusted accordingly. In some cases, it also stamped on the nozzle holder.
- With the pressure gauge open to be pressure, slowly depress the hand lever until it ejects with slight chattering. Read off opening pressure on pressure gauge. If reading differs form specified opening pressure, either the adjusting screw must be turned accordingly or the shims removed or added.
- When pressure gauge is open to pressure, increase and, above all, decrease pressure slowly or gauge may be damaged.
2.4 Leakage test
- Operate hand lever of nozzle tester until the pointer on the pressure gauge indicates 20 bar (285 psi) below the specified opening pressure.
- The nozzle does not leak if no drop of oil falls from it tip within 10 seconds.
- For injection valve EP 1 DES… a special leakage test applies.
2.5. Chatter characteristic and spray pattern test
- For this test, it is essential to shut off the pressure gauge.
- Keep hand away form it spray!
- The spray form it C in penetrate deep into the flesh of the fingers or hand and destroy the tissues. Fuel oil entering the blood stream can cause blood poisoning.
- The filter insert in the fuel container must be replaced from time to time. When first using fresh test oil, flush the inside of the tester by operating the lever and spraying into the extraction device without attaching a nozzle.
- At regular intervals depending on use (possibly every 1 to 2 years), the tester should be taken to the nearest Bosch service depot to have its measuring accuracy checked.
Spare parts and wearing parts
|Oil tank (plastic)
||1 685 400 014
||1 687 431 011
|Shut-off valve, complete
||1 687 415 047
||1 686 108 012
||1 680 210 081
||1 680 224 020